I made these awesome meatballs for my family last night. Everyone loved them, which is very unusual for us. I would love to give credit for the original recipe but I can’t remember where I saw it. I know that the author referenced Gwyneth Paltrow’s cook book. I looked on her website, goop.com, and wasn’t able to find this variation. I also changed it for my needs. So here is my gluten free, dairy free variation on Turkey Meatballs:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- few shakes each of basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper
- 3 handfuls of greens (spinach, arugula, kale, spring mix, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- coconut oil
- Place greens in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Gently mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Form into small balls.
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute the meatballs in batches until browned and cooked through (approximately 10 minutes).
- Enjoy however you like. We had them with marinara sauce.
Balancing tip-Spend a little time this week finding out where you can purchase quality meat products in your area. Good quality meat not only tastes better but it is better for you. Here is a good article on why it’s important and what to look for when buying meat: Healthy Meats: What to Buy, by Food Renegade.